Calvin:"Someday I'll write my own philosophy book". Hobbes:"Virtue needs some cheaper thrills"

Thursday, December 24, 2009

May I Come in Ma'am / Courting Confusion

After months of procrastination and dilly-dallying, here is my blog(weblog to be technically precise). My refuge and abode on the World Wide Web.I am not sure whether it is my desire to express myself (I do have frequent, self purported fits of creativity) that brings me here or the obvious desire to escape the clutches of boredom and monotony.At the very outset, I confess I am in uncharted waters(a flattering synonym of novice/amateur).Frankly,I had a tough time with the "About Me" column.I ended up making it more like an informal introduction. But I dare say, it sounds like me.
Whatever be the motivation,the final outcome is that Here I Am. As an afterthought, it dawns upon me that maintaining a good one is orders of magnitude tougher than creating one.So,I stand confronted with the perpetual contradiction of creativity- "How to express what you like so that others like it". If I don't stay true to myself, the very purpose of self-expression will be defeated.I can just as well Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V any cool stuff on the web,as the majority of status messages and updates,without any remorse of being an impostor.At the other extreme, if nobody deigns to trouble himself with my affairs,there is no point in blogging.I may as well stain the pages of an obscure diary.It is the instant appreciation or at least attention that gives blogging its charm and aura. 
 Needless to say, I am so bloody confused.
I think a positive aspect(maybe the only) of my college life is that I have learned to co-exist with confusion, in a somewhat peaceful and even symbiotic fashion.I don't think that being confused has so many negative connotations as is generally portrayed.After all,it is a pre-requisite of a Shakespearean Hero and preferred in a Byronic One.Coming back to reality,let me share something.Few months ago,I poured out my miseries on being indecisive to Bada Khullar an esteemed senior,and he said,"That's good.It means you are thinking". So,now I place being confused as a state somewhere in between brain-dead and omniscient. As for now,I postpone this turmoil with a makeshift decision that this is a somewhat lopsided dialog with myself having the greater weightage.
That's my side of the story(blogging saga if you have no objections).As for you, the inquisitive/vella reader,you may expect a potpourri of random topics-some philosophical, some technical,some commonplace and some unheard of-but all with my signature and perhaps confusion.
(PS:The title of this blog is from a poem The Song of the Happy Shepherd by Yeats)
Ciao!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Good start.
    I am thinking of an interesting meaning of the title of the post...get it? XD

    if you r vella enough, i would recommend u to go through www.quitacet.net, a very interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thought- "Coexisting with confusion". Can there be any time in life where there is no confusion? By confusion i mean lack of certanity .Only if you are certain that every thing will occur in a certain manner can there be no confusion. But on the second thought if any one by any psychic powers aquires such a state where he has become certain of all things wouldn't he bored and gradually confused, regarding his "meaning and purpose" of life. Would you want to live in a manner in which everything is under your control? Do you want to exist as a ride on a highway( Bumpless smooth drive) , or would you seek the adventure of rafting in a river which will suprise you constantly with its flow , its direction, vigour , beauty , obstacles , thrill of crossing those obstacles and may be even a waterfall. Embracing confusion gives u a new dimension to percieve things in life. I would love to see people who can say "I am so bloody confused" and are smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lagna.. Thanks man.Thats why I mentioned the source of the phrase as a footnote.Neways, wat is ur interpretation?? And wats ur blog???
    @Rajat. I am so bloody confused :). Hope u love me now :P. Yupp,if one knows everything,nothing will affect him,which is equivalent to knowing nothing and remaining so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your problem of genuine self expression as well as being tolerable/likeable needs a solution akin to the multiplex cinema.
    you need not be as cheap as yash raj, or as bland as rituparno gosh. but take the anurag kashyap route.
    you will find an audience...wait you already have!!

    @lagnajeet- the title does really kick imaginations

    ReplyDelete